Several missed calls.

"I don't like what you always do, you are always like this Jane!!", Jude angrily left the house slamming the door Jane placed his hands on her ears to ensure her ear drum wasn't damaged.

After Jude angrily left, Jane managed to have her seat right in front of the dressing mirror and stared at herself for a while, she was in a blue dress, her husband's favorite color, and her hair was messy as they'd been arguing for a while, " Why do we always quarrel over trivial matter?", she asked herself as her eyes were fixed on the mirror, sooner enough the tears dripped down her cheek, "This isn't the kind of marriage I planned for..why...?", she sniffed and then blinked severally trying to halt the tears from falling from her eyes.

Earlier that day, Jane had forgotten to close the toilet seat, and Jude had always told her how much he hated the seat to be up.
Jane repeated the same thing and Jude got angry, and then he brought up all the other ugly traits she had and made her feel she wasn't good at anything.

" I am trying my best and I really wanna make my husband happy, it's just 3months into this journey called marriage and it's already getting messy", Jane kept talking to her reflection in the mirror, "This isn't the plan, what are you not getting right? I am trying!!!!!"

She stood up and headed to the toilet to close the seat after she ensured she had washed it properly. And then maybe because she had been stressed from yelling and crying. She placed her hands on her chest as she leans on the wall trying to breathe but finding it difficult.

She crawled into the room as it was a master's bedroom, she grabbed her phone which was on the table, and reached for it.

Her last dial was her husband's, so she re-dialed.
"Good lord, can Jude just take his calls? I forgot my damn inhaler in his car"

Jude was at the resort trying to calm himself down with a bottle of chilled Orange fruit juice, his favorite actually when the phone call came in, he reached for the phone but realized it was Jane calling. "Why is she calling me again? I am so not taking this call, I just need to be alone right now," he murmured and then he placed the phone on the table turning deaf ears to the several calls of his wife Jane.
"The only thing she knows how to do is to provoke me and then call to apologize!" He hissed and then turned off his phone and continued with his cold juice.

pexels-photo-4636045 (1).jpeg

Source

Jane was about to try to reach him one last time but couldn't, she quickly texted "I got an attack, my inhaler Is in your car please save me!", and then the phone fell off her hands as she fought for her life trying to breathe, she wheezed and coughed and then lay on the floor.

A few hours later, Jude's temper was calm and so he decided to head home but before then, he turned his phone back on, and then the message Jane sent popped on his screen.

" Holy shit!! Jane. I am sorry", he quickly rushed into his car and sped off hoping to find her alive and hoping she too could forgive him.

In a few minutes, he was home, this time his heart was beating so fast as he headed to the room, and his eyes sighted Jane on the floor, he moved closer with the inhaler, only to feel her pulse, she wasn't breathing any longer, he stood beside her, and held her hand, but Jane's hands were cold and stiff, she was lifeless!
"Jane, Jane," trying to tap her .."I am so sorry for being so angry at you, I am here now, please wake up!!" He held his shirt and tore it out of grief, his eyes couldn't hold the tears as he left it out.

"I will forever live with this guilt", He screamed!!!!! " I am sorry, I should have taken this call...". He sniffed, but it was too late for him to turn back the hands of time.


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.