Is love enough to sustain a relationship?



This is the link to part 1, in case you missed the story.


Click here for Part 1


There are two sides to a story.


IMG_20220929_183924.jpg


My name is Jeremy and this is my story.

I met Cheryl sometime in November, she was a very vibrant and fun person to be with, I was an introvert while she was more of an ambivert. During our journey, I learned how to communicate a lot, one thing I admired about her was how she would "say it, just how she felt it".

Cheryl came into my life when I had been a bachelor for a very long time, I had to unlearn being alone, you see, I was never a fan of love, I had so many short-term relationships, and though a part of me wanted to experience real love while the other part of me was not ready for all of that.

We started as very good friends, Cheryl was a very loving lady, she would always check up on me and I loved that a lot. She was the First Lady I have ever had long conversations with, I started to like the fact that I could come out of my shell and I started getting used to talking to her.

She got a very soothing voice and I loved the sound of it, the very first day I heard her voice, I fell in love with it, well I began to enjoy our long conversations over the phone, we could talk about random topics for hours and damn, she knows how to hold a conversation.

I learned a lot of things through her and even mimicked some of her mannerisms (this is to show you the extent I grew fond of her), along the line, I was beginning to develop a soft spot for her but I hid this feeling as much I could from her, you know how we hard guy behaves now, I knew this wasn't what I wanted because I had plans to leave the country. I thought of withdrawing from her at this point it was such a difficult thing to do.

images (7).jpeg

Image source

I guess at a point too, she too has developed a deep soft spot for me, the day I realized this was when she refused to take my calls while we were still friends, I guess she grew fond of me and was trying to be defensive, so she wanted to stay away from me since it was obvious I was becoming too comfy in the friend zone, I called severally that day, she refused to take my calls neither did she respond to my chats. I was so unhappy that day and then I knew I wanted her around more than I imagined, I knew it was some sort of butterflies in my tummy.

To cut the long story short, because I am not good at narrating, after pacifying her to take my calls, we had that " one long conversation on that fateful evening."

I told her I knew I loved her and wanted her around, I also told her I had plans to leave the country not going into details with her about that.

Deep in my heart, I never wanted to hurt her because she told me how she's been hurt in the past, aside from the fact she isn't as tall as I have wanted my ladies to be, she's got a very rare and beautiful heart, she was full of positivity, she always encouraged me and prayed for me, she was indeed a happy soul, there wasn't a dull moment with her.

Well, I was still in two minds, and hurting her was far from my plan neither did I want to lose such a positive vibe in my corner.

images (1).png

Image source

So, I decided to experience love at least and probably go with the flow, we got dating and everything was cool, she was less of a drama queen and she brought me so much peace. Cheryl was very industrious, even though she earned little I couldn't recall a day she asked me for finance, everything I gave her was my free will.

Naturally, I love ladies who are quite tall even though I am tall, Cheryl was the opposite, though beautiful for her stature.

She placed my happiness ahead of hers as I felt the love she showered me down to my bone, I reciprocated to the best of my ability.

The truth was, I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do with the love simply because I have never been loved this way before, I felt it was too good to be true.

I have a problem staying committed to a relationship, and there are always ladies here and there trying to gain my attention..hmm, that's by the way.

I felt choked and wanted space, I got tired along the line, and suddenly I started to get distracted from my goals coupled with the fact that she wasn't financially buoyant, I wanted a balanced relationship, and I felt we were too broke to be together so I wanted to opt-out.

I knew my decision was going to hurt her so much but I didn't know the right way to go about it.

After her last visit, I made up my mind not to take her calls anymore, Cheryl had a smart instinct and she kept asking what was wrong, well, I couldn't hide it anymore I had to spill it, I told her I was leaving the country because my uncle wanted me to get married to a foreigner to secure the green card, well part of this is true, but deep down it wasn't the sole reason for ending it all. I still wanted her around as a close friend as I still have my exes around as close friends. Cheryl was different, she didn't want the friendship at all.

images (5).jpeg

Image source

I knew I hurt her a lot as I heard her cry over the phone, despite the stunt pulled, it was so hard for her to let go of me, I realized she loves me,

images (6).jpeg

Image source

but I needed to focus on my life plus I wanted to enjoy the perks of being a cute guy, hanging out with ladies without accounting for it to anyone.

I hope to find a lady who is quite on the tall side maybe I would learn to love her and commit to her.

Though I still have plans to leave the country, I am currently working towards it, I honestly wish the best for her and pray she finds someone deserving of the heart she's got.

I hope someday in my life, I would get to compromise and commit to a relationship and eventually enjoy a long-term relationship when I feel inclined to.

She asked, "if it was love after all."

Well, maybe yes it was love while it lasted, or maybe I just didn't want to be alone at that moment, or maybe she made me feel better for the time being, but I guess sometimes love isn't just enough.

Now I ask all of you readers, do you think love is all we need to sustain a relationship?


**************************************

Love is a powerful force but love isn't enough to sustain a relationship reason being we all have fundamental differences in relationships.


These are some of the recipes you need to sustain a relationship, 

•Commitment

•Communication

•Compromise /Sacrifice

• Emotional maturity and balance

• Respect and acceptance

• Trust and Accountability 


Love is just a component of a healthy relationship but if all other recipes are missing then love can't and will never sustain a relationship.


When there is true love in a relationship it only makes it easy to possess the  recipes for a healthy relationship, as they say,

"Love covers a multitude of sins".

Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is your girl Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png





Comments

  1. Nice piece.... Sounds like a true story.. if it is.... So nice of u to share💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for always stopping by, I am glad you enjoyed this beautiful piece.

      Delete
  2. Wow
    Why does Jeremy remind me of me so much!?
    Beautifully written, Amie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could connect so well with this story, thank you for reading and always buzzing in the comment section.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Love.Hurt.Heal.