Elena.

I am Elena, and I met Greg during my National Youth Service Corps in Abuja. He was a dark-skinned dude who was adored by his dark and shiny beard and his teutonic-tinted gold hair.

I had just ended my relationship with Marcus, the narcissistic monster who almost made me insane. Thank God I dared to leave after so much manipulation by him.

I went to a nearby restaurant to have a meal that morning before heading to my place of primary assignment when I met this young, fine man.

"Hello Miss, I am Greg; do you mind if I pay your bills?" The voice resounded from behind, and when I turned around, I almost fell on my face. "Woosh, what a fine-looking young man." I sheepishly smiled because I was ready to be open-minded again, irrespective of how my previous relationship ended.

"Sure," I nodded in affirmative as I received my order from the waiter. Greg, on the other hand, brought in his order: "Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked politely. "I don't mind at all." We shared the table for two as we ate our meals.

We exchanged contacts and began to talk every day. Greg was such a gentleman who knew how to pamper a woman, and more than that, we shared so many things in common.

He was a music lover like I am, a beach lover, and a foodie. Our best spot was always at the beach or Bell's Karaoke Lounge, where we would sing our lungs out together.

Gradually, I began to fall in love with him, and then we became an item.

If there's anything I loved about Greg, it was how he made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. He was so romantic that every morning he would send me flowers and a beautiful love note, and every time he did that, my heart craved him more than ever.

woman-having-date-with-her-boyfriend-valentine-s-day_23-2149162004.jpg

For every little fight we had, he made it up with so many gifts and kisses in between, which convinced me that I had finally found the one for me. I began to hear rumours about our relationship, but why would I care? When I know the world is jealous of us and what we share,

I withdrew from my friends because I felt they only wanted to have my kind of man, so Greg became my all-in-one friend, lover, and confidant.

One morning, I felt a bit under the weather, so I dashed into the Garki hospital only to see someone who looked like my own Greg holding hands with a woman who was heavily pregnant.

I was startled for a moment and wanted to be sure of what I saw. I followed them closely and realized that Greg was a married man through my findings. "What!!!!" I was dumbfounded, fighting my tears.

"How could he?" I could swear with my life that I was all he had, but sadly, I was just another fling! I clenched my teeth and my fist at almost the same time and felt like devouring him like a hungry lion, but then I held my cool and decided to play along.

I brought out my phone to call his number, but the fool wasn't taking my calls. "Oh, I see, the reason he wouldn't take my calls. He is with his wife," I whispered as I broke down in tears again, simply cause I felt cheated on and used.

I managed to walk out of the gate because their sight was bringing out the beast in me, but then I stood right in front of the car so that he would know I caught him red-handed.

vertical-shot-thoughtful-curly-female-student-holds-digital-tablet-notebook-goes-university-wears-knitted-yellow-sweater-skirt-focused-away-stands-outdoors-against-urban-background_273609-60487.jpg

As soon as they came out and he sighted me, he became uneasy, looking for stuff that wasn't missing. I could tell the wife wasn't aware of what was bursting. "Baby, are you looking for something?" She asked innocently; if not for the fact that she was pregnant, I would have split the beans, but then my mom taught me better than that.

I looked him in the eyes and held my middle finger up as I walked out of them gracefully, knowing that karma would find him or just maybe I would come back for him.

My worst regret was to give up my friends for him which wasn't even worth it in the end, I should have known better but I was just 23. Never will I be so naive again.

I left the scene soliloquizing, "Would I ever love again? Would I trust again?" Well, only time will tell.

I snapped back to reality when I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was yet another gorgeous-looking man. "Hello, Miss. I am Stephen"

To be continued.


Image by freepik

Image by way home studio



Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png


















Posted Using 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.