The Old Skool Frenzy!

Yo!!! Let's do it the old skool way today.

I was at a function today when the Master of ceremony did something fun and took us back in time.

OIG1 (3).jpeg

"Can anyone in the building mention some old skool dance step or music?" He asked and then I watched the crowd cheer in excitement, I saw some Papi coming out with the moonwalk, and yo! That got the whole crowd cheering even louder and then another papa came out to challenge him with the wop dance step and the cha cha slide, man, we all had a very good laugh today and so it kept going on and on.

I know many of you can relate to such as I believe classic dance steps or music never go out of style, as old as wine, yet it remains classic forever.


Murder she wrote - Shaka Demus & Pliers

Music brings out the youth in everyone no matter how old they are, for me, I watch my dad always jamming to "Let's Dance in Style let's Dance For a While.... Forever Young, I wanna be young Forever song, yeah the timeless Jay-Z song and I saw how young he was at heart with his dance moves, dad loved the robot dance step and the sprinkler dance step and how he was always wiggling and tilting his head to that Jam even though he knew, in reality, we could not remain forever young.

You know sometimes you just get influenced by the kind of music your family listened to, my sister and dad had a great influence on my taste in music until I grew much older, through my dad I listened to lots of rap songs, and classic hip-hop music and so I got to know puff daddy, tupac shakur, Joe, Mary J.blige and the likes. My sister was a die-hard fan of Dido, Celine Dion, Avril and the like and when I'm with my peers I begin to sing to old jams and they are like..what's she singing? haha, that's how we roll in our home mehn!

I too have danced to so much music in the past that I loved so much and even when they hit my stereo today, I'm like Woo-hoooo what a jam, I still sing along even though I might have forgotten some lines of the lyrics.


Dilemma - Nelly ft Kelly

The whole event inspired the appreciation for the oldies but goodies music so I decided to jam to some of the ones I heard while growing up.

There's something I learned from the classic tune, is the fact that whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.

It's been over so many years but see how they still move people to dance to the tune? It's often time quality over quantity and yes that's my take home.

What's Luv - Fat Joe ft Ashanti

This is a very beautiful classic old-school music I heard while growing up and I do love to date.

Aren't you jamming already? Haha, I see you, I see you.

Let's dance and have some fun, it's the weekend, please. Jam in and dance away for life itself is short and should be lived to the fullest.

I am very sure you enjoyed listening to these jams and I am glad I took you back in time a little.

Have a blessed weekend!!!





Image created via Bing. com



Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

A battle between desire and reality.

Are you a deadly beauty?