๐‘จ ๐‘ฎ๐’๐’Š๐’Ž๐’‘๐’”๐’† ๐‘ถ๐’‡ ๐’€๐’๐’–...

It was a very beautiful Tuesday evening, the sea had already turned aqua blue, and the waves of the ocean roared, suddenly, I heard my name.

"Sheila.." A soothing voice called out to me while I was taking a walk on the beach, and when I turned around, there was a 6ft tall dark cute macho with well groomed beard right behind me, he wore a denim jeans and white Tee shirt, "Goddamn," I mumbled, he looked so cute and simple.

"Hey.. How did you know my name?" I startled a bit wearing a mischievous smile, as I walked closer, I focused my gaze on his hazel eyes "Excuse me Mr...have we met before?"

"No, not really, I heard someone calling your name a minute ago, I wanted to tell you that your money had fallen off your pocket, here it is," He looked away almost immediately, handing me my $5 note which had fallen off my pocket.

"Oh, thanks a bunch, what a good Samaritan you are, you already know my name, so, may I ask.. what your name is?" My eyes were steady on his while I adjusted my hair to the back.

"Dave.. nice meeting you Miss, you have a very beautiful smile by the way," His compliment almost swept me off my feet.

The compliment got me so I wore a wider smile.."Thank you Dave," I collected my money and didn't know the next question to ask. "Ermm, you came for solo-vacation too?" , this time he was right by my side, I just wanted to keep the conversation going, because I couldn't take my eyes off him. "Gosh!! He's dead drop gorgeous," I whispered softly.

"Yeah, I needed a break, it's the late days of summer, so I thought of an escape from all the stress, Lago Luxe seemed to be a perfect spot." Pointing to the seaside, Dave drew my attention to the paradise we were in.

"Yeah, it's such a beauty to behold, I also came here to pause and reset, before you know it, summer will be over." I grabbed a seat around as the conversation got interesting.

IMG_20240803_160728_548.jpg

"Hey Miss, your order is ready," I felt a tap on my shoulder which jolted me back to my world, "gosh, it was just a dreamscape," I whispered, the waiter seemed to be patient, as he allowed me some time to get back to my reality, "I've been calling you for a while now," he handed me my tropical drink with a smile and left. I closed my eyes again hoping I could get back with Dave, "mission impossible," I muttered. "But he was right beside not long ago?" I soliloquized.

"Sheila," The voice called out again, I looked around to be sure I wouldn't find Dave anywhere because I was actually at Lago Luxe for some late summer treat. "Omg!! Why?" I wished I could teleport to where I would meet Dave and everytime I closed my eyes, I could see Dave smiling back at me. "It's going to be a long evening," I whispered trying to get a hold on myself.

Like a flash of lightning, it felt like someone who looked like Dave walked past me, "Dave.." I called out to him but he didn't respond, feeling hopeless and a deep longing to be with Dave, I reached for my drink.

"Dave..." I called out almost tearing up, but then I realized that Dave lived only in a Parallel universe, it's so funny how my mind went on a vacation in a Parallel universe where all my dream came true, a perfect match for a partner but too bad I couldn't have him cause he doesn't exist in my world.

The late summer vacation was a bittersweet experience, one to cherish for coming in contact with a soul whom I hope to meet someday, "but what if it was in my world? It would have been the best gift the late days of summer would have given to me. Phew," I wondered as I sipped my tropical drink, fixing my gaze on the sea , I adjusted my position on the deckchair to get a clearer view.

"By 7:00pm I should be leaving the spot for the bonfire happening at exactly 8 before I go crazy," I whispered. My mind couldn't stop thinking of Dave. "Dave.." I called out once more, I stood up and walked closer to the sea, "breathe in Sheila..now out..." I cautioned myself as it was a battle to concentrate and enjoy the moment.

"Common girl, not in your world! It happened all in another universe. " I called myself to order, determined to enjoy my late days of summer treats, I drew a love shape on the sand and made my way out of the spot reluctantly.

"The hustles of life in a bit girl..September to be precise. Focus!" I paused for a moment , looking at the love shape I had drawn, I gently whispered "You're always in my heart Dave," and finally made my way out.


All images used are mine.


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

A battle between desire and reality.

Are you a deadly beauty?