The Value Of Time.

Some songs just hit differently even though you've heard it a thousand times.

I remember when I was way younger, my mom would keep advising us (her kids) about some things I considered not to be of concern because I mean I was way too little to understand these things.

The funny thing about it is how she wakes us up very early in the morning to advise us about family, Life, love, marriage, and the like and most times I keep whispering, "I don't need these things, but as I get older I come to realize that learning never stops and if you keep acquiring knowledge even when you don't need it at the moment, it is still profitable for a later time.

Fast forward to one day while I was still in high school, my classmate was looking all gloomy and then I asked her what the problem was.

" I hate how dysfunctional my family is," she just let it all at once. "Sometimes I wish I could change my family," I was gobsmacked for a moment cause I just didn't know how to say to her what I wanted to say, but I remember telling her that no family is perfect and everyone goes through their hassles, it's very important to embrace your family and look for the good in them because, at the end of the day, they are all you've got." Honestly, I couldn't believe how much wealth of knowledge I had acquired until I could advise her and I bet she was surprised too, from that day on, she turned me into her adviser.

Suddenly I began to value the time with my mom the most and how much she was willing to groom her children to be wiser and smarter at a very young age.

pexels-photo-5123921.jpeg

I think as one grow older they begin to place value on some things they once took for granted and it hits differently when they begin to experience such situations too, they realize how hard it was for those who had passed through such situations before.

Older - Sasha Slaon

This song to me is just a perfect song to appreciate the beauty of time, as it reveals so many things.

This is a very beautiful song by Sasha describing how parenting isn't an easy task and how much effort our parents put in to make so many things in the home work.

We often blame our parent for some of their poor decisions but the older we get, we realise that maybe that was the only option they had to remain sane.

The conclusion of this post is to appreciate the effort of our parents, and the beauty of time, and also never to judge a situation we've never been in before.


Image


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.