An improved lifestyle for 2023.

 Hello!!

As we are approaching a new year, I've got goals and I've got goals.

1672260263085.jpg
Source

 I would love to share my health-related goals for 2023.

What would you like to improve in your lifestyle that could benefit your health?

  1. My outlook on life

I want to be very optimistic come 2023, and look beyond my past.

The truth is, I've been harboring anger towards certain people due to what they've made me go through so far, that I've built an imaginary magnificent wall around myself maybe to protect myself this time. I think I've let go to a certain degree but not completely.

For one thing, I know anger isn't a good habit, it drains one emotionally, mentally, and psychologically.
So I am promising to let go of all the memories triggering the feeling for the sake of my mental health and yes because it is the right thing to do.

2. Take one day at a time

I worry too much about things that are out of my control like; The opinion of others, my past and my future, what happens around me, and the outcome of the effort I put in (fear of failure) but now I would focus more on things I can control like what I give my energy to, how I care for myself,(spiritual growth and physical growth) and how I face obstacles.

Peace of mind helps the heart, worry causes stress, and stress can trigger stroke, blood pressure, and other imbalance in the body system, so in 2023 I want to be intentional about what I can control and I will do that so well so I can have a healthy life.

3. procrastination & inconsistency
Ha! I am the queen of procrastination, my tomorrow never ends.😅.
I have set goals on how to achieve a healthy lifestyle like drinking water early in the morning, omo! If I wake up now, I'll tell myself, okay I will drink water in the next 5mins, from the next 5mins to the next 30mins and it goes on like that, until I brush my teeth and then eat😪.

But sometimes, I actually do it right away, but the next day? Inconsistent!

Come 2023, I'll ensure I fill my flask with water and set it beside my bed, as soon as I'm up from bed, I will drink at least 2 glasses of water, for a fact, I tried being consistent sometime this year and I noticed how my skin glowed, I had lighter bowels, fewer or no pimples, and I was active for the day.
I loved the outcome, so I am going to improve on that.

Eating a lot of fruit
I am not a fan of fruits, not because I don't like them, but because I would have to walk long distances to get them. (I am lazy about that.)
The walk is worth it, if it will improve my health, why not?
So, I'll ensure I take more fruits in 2023.


Exercising hasn't been consistent too, so in 2023, I will be exercising thrice a week,(i am being realistic).

I  won't also joke with my sleep, once it's time for bed, I'll ensure I discard anything that'll distract me from going to bed, which means l will be setting curfews henceforth. (Staying offline once it is time for bed).

I want to also have a me- time, time for meditation and reflection.


What unhealthy habits do you wish to change?

Drinking of Garri oo

IMG-20221228-WA0019.jpeg


The image is mine.

These are cassava flakes, (popularly known as Garri in Nigeria) usually drunk with groundnut, milk, fish, meat, milo, sugar, and water

You guys! I'm an addict.

It started like a joke ooo, whenever I finish eating, be it the most delicious and expensive food on the surface of this earth, I must top it up with garri.

Garri is gotten from cassava and processed until it becomes flakes.
I've become addicted that my friends jokingly tell me that they'll gift me a bag of Garri on my wedding day, eh-gba-mi oo🤣

I heard and read that too much intake of not well-processed cassava flakes damages the eyes, so I want to discard this unhealthy habit.

This one go hard oh, wa-la-i🙊.
I want to reduce my intake of Garri to the least limit. Eweey🙈 So God help me!

chewing gum

IMG-20221228-WA0003.jpg


The image is mine.

This chewing gum habit started late this year o, I mostly chew gum when I'm bored and trying to fight against sleep while being busy with some passive activities.

I realize it's beginning to affect my gums, so I want to discard this unhealthy habit.

Letting go of my soda intake completely

1672259941165.jpg

Source

At the start of this year, I set a goal of reducing my intake of soda, yes I was able to achieve it, but some days, temptations here and there especially at weddings and get-togethers.🙄.

Come 2023, no matter the temptation, I want to discard soda altogether.

I've observed that soda and other sugary food increase the menstrual cramp, so if I will be able to experience less pain in my cycles, why shouldn't I give it a trial?

Set 3 objectives for 2023 to improve your health or change unhealthy habits.

Writing out my goals
I've ensured I write out all of these on a piece of paper and I'm sticking it right on my mirror where I can see it every day.
That's like a reminder of what I plan to achieve and discard health-wise.

Finding an accountability partner

I have shared my goals with a trusted friend, she'll be my accountability partner

IMG_20221228_154208.jpg.


The image is mine.

She'll be there to make sure I'm achieving these goals by evaluating me, motivating me, and reminding me of my plans.

I'll be reporting the outcome or challenge to her, that way I'll stay focused because it is one thing to set goals and another to achieve them.

Staying away from things that could make it hard for me to reach my goal/ making a constant effort.

Prayer is one vital thing in this aspect, without God's help I will not achieve this goal.

Determination and discipline are other ways to achieve my goal.

I'll get fruits in larger quantities and refrigerate them, that way, I wouldn't think of the distance to go get them.

As for garri 🤣🤣🤣, I'll stop buying in large quantities, and as for chewing gums? I'll look for other ways to keep busy during my passive activities. Maybe one gum per week until I eventually stop finally.

And as for holding onto resentment, forgiveness is an attribute of the strong, I am stronger than all I've been thru, forgiving all the shits and moving on. Forgiving myself for allowing myself to go thru some of the shits I  have allowed in the first place. I will be intentional every day in my actions. I'll fill my mind and thought with a positive thought (God's word, of course, Christlike examples) and books that will make it very easy to achieve this. 



I will make a constant effort to be better, happy, and healthy come 2023.

How about you, do you have plans to improve your lifestyle?

You can also read what my Health routine for 2023 will be like here

It was a long read, awww🙈🙈 .


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png


Comments

  1. I'll be discarding soda intake too. I tried it for few months and it's worked but I don't know how I went back 😂. I'll make sure I exercise twice a week. And then ensure I sleep on or before 11pn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.