The silent struggles of a man

I am a man and I have some silent struggles.

I am not allowed to vent, feel sad or be vulnerable.
Sometimes I'm complimented starve,
The ladies think I don't deserve to be told how good I look.

Sometimes I struggle with body image like women,
But who cares?
Who really cares?

1672347802762.jpg
Source

I am not allowed to cry,
I bottle up so much pain just because I was taught to be a man,
"Weak men cry," they say,
But I am only human.

I'm not allowed to go broke,
I should have all the luxuries and afford everything,
Please, I am just human.

When I'm emotional, I'm called a weakling,
They call me petty,
When I'm trying to be nice,
They call me flirty.
When I am masculine,
They call me a monster.

I face domestic abuse too,
But how do I share it?
No one ever believes,
Women are always justified.

I do the chasing,
I do the work,
I must start a conversation,
Or else the whole room becomes cold.

When last was I gifted?
They believe I should always give: money, flowers, gift cards, freeride and chocolates but no one ever gifts me.

I set the table,
I bring the flowers,
I go down on my knees and sometimes I still get embarrassed and turned down.

Nobody gives a shit about how I feel.
So much for being a man,
It's really lonely out here.



Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.