Regrets.

If I could turn back the hands of time,
I would have done better,
The words I held back from saying to you and how much you meant to me.

How often I thought about you and prayed for you,
That day I ran into you again and was in two minds,
honestly, if I knew it was going to be the last,
I would have stopped, hugged you, and told you all I've ever wanted to tell you.

pexels-photo-6908078.jpeg

Source

The last words you said to me were "Please call me",
I was too angry to call you, days turned into weeks and weeks and months.
Until I saw the " RIP" all over your wall on the media,
Now I can't forgive myself for I live with guilt ever since then.

Life isn't so complicated,
We make it hard for ourselves,
We fear being taken for granted and so we hide our deepest feelings from those we love,
Until they are no more.

I regretted everything.
I do.
If only I could turn back the hands of time.
I would have done better.



This is fictitious, but I guess things like this happens, when we hold back from doing the things we should have done when we had the chance until it is too late.
Let's all do better now we have the chance, our loved ones only live once. Make that call, and tell them how much you love them now you still have them.



Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.