The Commitment.



BgxWBRxjvNho1d5owNvLc9kLkZETgqoQLu9zcBbNBbDDEp9W4DbuZJubKbJwe7fmESRhkRrL3SEf8BXJuoaRYB2pTVby4KHSE6kZt7hL5KeTu4i64dZPW5foxE7pXPPo5iTeraTPZ5HurZCzqdERQYEovUtUwki4BX8cVsb4QjwaDfL.webp

My name is Benita and this is my story.

While growing up, I grew up in a divided home and watched how hard it was for my mom to carter for me and my siblings.

I vowed never to get married, because I fear experiencing a similar situation, I turned down so many guys because I was too scared to be hitched, but then I realized that one's grace isn't another's grace. Because it ended badly for my dad and mom doesn't mean it would end badly for me. I decided to have a positive view and mindset after encountering a very happy couple named the "Johnsons". It is not like they never fought they learned how to manage it.

Mrs. Johnson taught me the ingredients that could make up a lasting home, commitment, communication, forbearance, tolerance, compromise, taking responsibility for one's actions, gratitude for the little your partner does, and respecting boundaries are the major ingredients of a lasting marriage. " Benita, love is not enough." She said.

Later in life, I came in contact with my dad and needed to know why things went sour, my dad told me what my mom did that broke his heart, same for my mom and then I realized it needed effort and commitment to make a marriage work.

Here I realized they never really communicated, each person held unto their feelings until it was too late and that led to their divorce. They lacked the most important ingredient, then I realized it's not enough to say I love you or live under the same roof with that one person, but are you ready to put in the work?

I realized that what most people do is fantasize about their weddings, how big it would be, the nice dresses and suits, the guest, the food served, and how dope and memory it will be, however, they fail to fantasize about the ups and down in marriage and how much they are ready to make it work.

Commitment means putting your best and staying dedicated to your decision.

I believe marriage isn't all about night kisses and breakfast in bed, there is a lot more.

So now, I think I am emotionally, mentally, and physically ready to do this and then Joel showed up.

Somehow, I connected with him and wanted a forever with him, is there a word like Mr.Right? Well, let me say I have found my Mr. Right, it is a scary journey I know, but I am ready to stay committed and give this marriage my best. Like what I've learned I will ensure I do all it takes to keep the spark of love alive and I hope he does the same too.

After a few years of courtship, I am happy to walk down the aisle with him, our hands locked in each other in a sea of people, this means together forever, to have and to hold.

I have chosen my one, to love, respect, trust, and stay committed. I excitedly wore a smile as we said our vows, I say this vow to you, for better or worse Joel, I am sticking with you.

What my dad and mom didn't get right, I promise to get it right, I promise to be a better wife to Joel and an amazing mom to my unborn kids.

Please be the man you promise to be and never you take my good effort for granted.

I will love you for as long as life allows and then the priest asked us to seal the vow with a kiss, it was an amazing moment as I look ahead to see what the future holds for us.



This is purely fictitious but I hope you enjoyed reading it.


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.