Chronicles Of My Best Man.

Mr. Johnson grew up in a loveless home, he witnessed how nonchalant his dad was towards his mom but he didn't allow his background to define who he was.

He met with Jane, whom he fell in love with, he proposed to her, and eventually, the journey to forever began.

Mr. Johnson vowed to make his home a haven for his new family, all the love he lacked in his extended family, he decided to make it right.

free-photo-of-father-holding-and-hugging-daughter.jpeg

Source

Mr. Johnson was a strong, compassionate, tender, and caring man, I mean a man who cannot afford to go to bed angry at his wife, funnily he even takes the bold step to talk things out with his wife which made her even more submissive.

As time passes by, he and his wife were blessed with four baby girls, this was when his extended family got agitated, they told him that he needed a boy child to continue his lineage when he is no more and so they started to give him bad advice to mistreat his wife and remarry.

Mr. Johnson was a strong-willed man who knows what he wanted, he didn't give in to pressure, and he became the best dad to his four beautiful baby girls, Mr. Johnson ensured his girls attended the best schools, and he was especially fond of his last child, that girl looked so much like him, her facial features, her skin color, her hair, and even took after his sweet tender and large heart.

Mr. Johnson ensured he assisted his wife in doing some of the house chores, he never failed in his fatherly duties, like teaching his girls the way of the lord.

Even when his girls were in their teens, he ensured he ironed their uniforms, do the dishes, and sometimes assist the girls with cooking even to the extent that his wife frowned at it.

"You pamper these girls a lot, you should allow them to do some of these things, they are growing", She always lamented.

Every weekend, Mr.Johnson ensures he spent his time with his family and made it a family ritual to visit various tourist centers every Sunday. He showered his girls with so much love that they too began to set standards for the kind of love they would deserve from a man in the future.

One thing his girls admired most about him was how he was firm with his decisions yet tender in his actions and even flexible too. He disciplines his children with love, I mean a father who scolds with a left hand and draws closer to him with the right hand.

The last girl never forgot how she witnessed him apologizing to his wife who he offended, " Wow! Dad is such a rare man", "She gossiped with her older siblings.

Mr. Johnson was a father who was ready to lay down his life for his family to be safe, when the robbers attacked, he ensured he hid his beautiful girls and offered himself rather than his wife. Fortunately, they took his properties and soared his life.

On another occasion, he ensured he protect his family by being the Janitor of the house, he never failed to shut the doors at night and even open it at dawn, he taught his girls never to keep late at night and told them never to be enticed by the little gifts boys offered them, so he ensured he gave them pocket money add even bought them gifts.

So enough, his Job demanded he traveled to another State for about 6 months which he did but never stopped writing his family letters every time to assure them of his love.

On January 9th Two thousand and something, he fell ill which lasted for about a week, even on his sick bed, he kept reminding them of his love, he kept reminding them to ensure the doors were closed, he reminded them never to leave God and how they should never go astray from all he has taught them.

His eyes were filled with tears because if he had his way, he wouldn't want to leave this world and leave his beautiful family behind, he fought for his life, and he tried his best...

Mr. Johnson took his last breath on this earth on the 14th of January, two thousand and something after saying a farewell prayer for his family.

Ever since he left, the vacuum is still a void, no man could ever fill, at least his girls found genuine and intentional love from their father first, they can tell what love truly means as it was obvious in the way they dealt with others.



The man in this story is my beloved father and I am the last baby girl who is so fond of him. From the story, you can tell how bonded I was with him to the extent my mom called me his Second wife🙈

free-photo-of-father-hugging-daughter.jpeg
Source

I learned submission comes easily from a woman whose husband treats her right, he doesn't have to be a tyrant or forcefully demand respect, it comes naturally when he does his duties right, I also learned how to forgive from my dad, I learned how to share with others, and I learned to express my affection for people around me. You know when you breathe love every day and night that you just don't know how to hide how much people around you mean to you? If you've ever had an encounter with me, you surely understand better.

The first man who ever told me he loved me was my dad, I am glad because that was the most genuine " I love you ever". My dad was my cheerleader who taught me to always believe in myself.

One thing I admired so much about my dad was his courage, his Courage to change his narrative from a loveless background to a loving one, and his courage to stand up for what he wanted even when he was pressured to do otherwise.

He always told us about his childhood stories.💔 And then I realized we all have the power to become a better version of ourselves if we are ready to go to work.

One thing I am thankful for is, we as his family reciprocated all the effort and love he showered on us at least to the best of our ability.

I always looked forward to coming back home and seeing him, but then I realized his room is now empty, I ensured I kept one of his shirts which I wear almost every time, it makes me feel his presence.

I promise to carry this beautiful legacy from dad to my "Husband" down to my kids.

I want them to enjoy the perks of living in a beautiful atmosphere of love and peace.

We never stopped talking about you Dad, your beautiful memory lives on and I miss you every day. ðŸ˜ª Your memory is Ecstasy.

I pray to end up with a man with the heart of my father, a man who places his family as a priority over anything, a spiritual man, a strong man, a lovable man, humble to a fault, faithful and loyal.🙊

I need a damn loud mic, I had the best Dad ever.

Tribute to you, The Best Man I have ever known!!

I loved you yesterday, and I love you today, forever, and a day more!!💓💓💓


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.


20220930_150506_0000.png





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.