The Surprise Bridal Shower.


I met Zee at my place of work three years ago, and somehow we connected like we'd known each other since the very first day we met, and the friendship continued to wax stronger.

A year later, Zee introduced the love of her life to me, and a few months ago, he popped the big question.

I was seated in my living room munching on my cookies while doing Netflix and chilling when a message popped in.

"We have a wedding to plan." It was from Zee, and I only remember jumping from one couch to another to express my excitement as I reached for my phone to congratulate her on the happy news.

"Yeah, I am so happy for you, Zee; don't worry, I ensure your wedding day goes almost flawlessly."

We ended the call in a very exciting mode, and then I thought of doing something extra for Zee; "she deserves more than just a regular wedding, and she loves surprises too, so what shall I do?" I soliloquized.

The next day at work, I stylishly copied some of her friend's numbers from her phone and created a WhatsApp group.

"Hey guys, I am Amie, Zee's colleague and friend, and I want us all to organize a bridal shower party for her." I texted in excitement, and to my greatest surprise, they were all ready to support the surprise bridal shower part to make Zee excited.

"Hey Dera, you'll be in charge of the confectioneries, Temi, you'll be in charge of the drinks and decor, Joy, you'll be in charge of her makeup, T.Y., you'll be in charge of the music and games for the day, and while I'll make her a dress," I began to assign everyone in the group a role to make the bridal shower a success, and we were all in one accord.

The 3rd of August arrived, which was the D-day for the bridal shower. We all woke up early and headed to the rented lodge to decorate the whole room with balloons, shimmer wall and ceiling decor, and bridal shower props while setting the whole table with flowers, cakes, candies, drinks, and food.

groom-bride-s-wedding-table-decorated-with-flowers-candles_8353-10400.webp

Joy, the makeup artist was ready to glam our bride-to-be up while I had already set her dress on the chair with a colourful sash and tiara.

T.Y.'s duty was to convince the bride-to-be to the venue, which she did effortlessly. As soon as Zee walked in, we popped the wine to celebrate her grand entry. The smile on her face was very priceless and wide; she was almost tearing up, realizing how much she meant to us.

"Jeez!! Who's the brain behind this whole bridal shower party?" She became curious as she was stunned by all the beautiful planning, decor, food, and her beautiful dress.

"Amie is the party planner," they all chorused, and then Zee hugged me and all of us for making her feel so special.

medium-shot-women-bridal-party_23-2149312067.webp

The party started right after she was glammed up and changed into her elegant dress, and then we began with some hype, music, games, food, drinks, and cheers to a better life, after which we took a lot of pictures to keep the memory alive in anticipation for her big day, which was just two weeks after the bridal shower.


Image 1

Image 2


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.