A Flood, A Furry Friend And A Tale Of Rescue.


Last year was quite a remarkable one, as I was very opportune to save a dog I'd never met before in my life.

That Friday evening, what seemed to be a little rain intensified as quite a stormy one, it was so breezy that I quickly shut my windows and went to bed because I love to fall asleep when it rains.

The next morning, which was a Saturday, was my laundry day, but due to the rain, I couldn't buy my laundry soap the previous evening. As soon as I opened the gate, I realized the whole street had been flooded.

I decided to wade in the water because I needed to wash my clothes in search of laundry soap. As I kept going, I began to hear a faint whimper in an uncompleted building. At first, I wanted to ignore the sound and just walk straight to where I was headed, but the whimper kept on for minutes, which made me stop for a moment to find out what that was.

As I walked into the building, I saw this particular dog shaking, and I was so touched. She must have been cold as a result of the rain and maybe couldn't wade in the water anymore to find its home, which was why it decided to find shelter in an uncompleted building.

1713906334897.jpg

"Do I pick it up? Will it trust me? Will it be aggressive?" I kept wondering, but then I left it and went ahead to get my soap, and while coming back, I still met it there: "Now how do I get this dog to trust me?" Yet another question, so I went home and prepared the biscuit bone I had left from one of the dog's dishes and headed back to the building with the plate of bone. On second thought, I would have carried my dog alongside, but damn, the whole street was flooded!

1713906348688.jpg

I was too afraid to get closer to the dog, but I just decided to try my best. As I was heading there, I walked slowly and avoided eye contact but talked gently to the dog, even though I wasn't sure the dog understood all I was saying. Then I slowly dropped the plate of bone in front of it, and before I knew it, this dog began to eat it.

"She must have been hungry," I whispered again now that I was able to stand right by its side, and then I began to stroke its fur gradually and finally carried it from the building to my house.

1713906369703.jpg

The dog was more glad to have to meet my dog, but funnily enough, my dog was quite jealous of it and began to bark, "Who is this one that has come to take my place in my mom's heart?" Haha, you know how dogs behave.

After a while, I ensured the dog was kept in a warm place, and then she and Shadow my dog became good friends. It would have hurt me so badly if I found out that the dog later died because it was cold, lonely, and hungry, but I ensured to show her so much love for the little time it stayed with me until the flood dried on the street and the weather was warm. I knew it was the right time to set it free to go back to its home, and yes, as soon as I took it out of the gate, it was excited to go back to its owner, as well as its tail wagged, and off it went.

I knew the owner must have been worried about the whereabouts of the dog, but I knew the owner would be glad to reunite with their dog. After a while, I was more worried if it was able to find its home. Well, It should, I stayed positive.

I believe any animal deserves kindness and love regardless of how we met them. I find it offensive to see people being so cruel to animals in general; I can't stand it at all, more to if you have a pet, please care for and never leave them unattended to and for the record, I am a die-hard fan of dogs, especially haha. I could go any length to show my love for them.

The images used are mine.

Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

Is love enough to sustain a relationship?

Love.Hurt.Heal.