𝑨𝒍𝒍 π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝑭𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔...π‘­π’‚π’“π’†π’˜π’†π’π’!

This night will usher in a new season, "Autumn is just by the corner," I mumbled as the last night of summer brought made me nostalgic and emotional. The night sky was still aglow with sun lingering to leave, I noticed the change in the air, and how the night was a bit chilly, I could perceive the scent of dry leaves, riped fruits and how the sounds of the chirping cricket filled the air.

IMG-20240817-WA0009.jpg

I sat quietly in my balcony reminiscing about the whole fun and adventures I embarked on during the early days of summer. More to that, the wealth of knowledge I had acquired from older family members.

The one I loved the most was the one I spent with Grandpa Donald, such a wise, strong and vibrant man who taught me the value of time and what good friends stand for.

"They stick by you in good times or bad times, Zainab who is your friend?" The voice from within echoed. I remember vividly how we took a stroll to Tamara resort that fateful day, the sun was out in all its glory painting the sky with its ray, it was a masterpiece to behold, our shadows were a gentle piece of art on the ground.

selfiecamera_2024-08-18-19-29-40-071.jpg

I sat right next to him on the seashore enjoying the waves of the sea which brought calmness to my heart, while he began to speak, I fixed my gaze on him like he was a television, he was so full of life even at age 89, the question he asked made me pause for a moment, "who truly is my friend?" I scanned through my heart and a name popped into my mind.. "Sabina.." I mentioned.

"Why do you like Sabina?" He questioned with a smile.."She's been there for me through it all, she's seen me in my most vulnerable state and never judged me Grandpa, neither did she take advantage of me," I poured my heart out to him and began to give scenarios where Sabina showed up for me when I had almost given up on myself.

He nodded his head in agreement with what I had described, "hold her and keep her in your heart, she will make mistakes, you both might have misunderstanding but never forget the good deeds she has shown you when you needed it the most, that's the thing about humans, they forget your good deeds when you make a mistake,but see the good in her always, Zainab always remember this."

Sadly, two week ago, Aunt Jesse broke the news that Grandpa Donald had left this world and it shattered my heart to pieces, I vowed to always reflect on his words when the going between I and Sabina gets tough and honestly, it got tough.

During the last days of summer, I had a misunderstanding with Sabina and I almost wanted to path ways with her but then Grandpa words echoed in my heart.."see the good in her and remember her good deeds," I picked up my phone and reached her and we made up. It was also the best moments of the last days of summer, to realize I and Sabina's friendship could still stand the test of time.

"I really do miss grandpa but I'm glad his wealth of knowledge still lives on right in my heart..." I whispered, so much experiences during summer, the highs, the lows, the laughter, adventure and of course the tears I shed when I heard about Grandpa's demise.

As I looked up, I realized the stars had gradually begun to twinkle across the sky. I let out a breath and stood up from my chair, walked into my room and brought out my dairy. It's been a daily streak of writing my experiences all through summer and today wasn't an exception.

"Dear Diary..
Just like seasons, people come and go...someday all things will eventually leave this world.. We can only hope for the best, with a positive attitude I invite the autumn breeze and all its seasons have got to offer, on a lighter note, I bid good bye to you Grandpa Donald and good bye the last night of summer..Farewell! "

AirBrush_20240817195405.jpg


All images used are mine.


Thank you for stopping by, till we meet again, this is Amie Geoffrey.
 

20220930_150506_0000.png










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heritage

A battle between desire and reality.

Are you a deadly beauty?